Tuesday, November 27, 2012

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY BEKHAM SHARP!

Dear my November baby,

You are one year old as of 4:22am this morning. ONE. YEAR. OLD! It is just completely unbelievable how much you've grown and changed right before our eyes. I can still remember thinking you would never learn to crawl because you HATED tummy time. Not only did you crawl, but you've been walking a good month and a half before your birthday. That's nuts little boy! Your daddy and I love you more than you could ever possibly know and it seems like somehow we fall more in love with you each day. And I don't honestly know how that could be possible. Each tooth you grow makes your smile and laugh cuter. Each word you utter makes me melt. I love when you hold my hand going up or down stairs, or just when encountering rough terrain. I love when I ask for a hug and you run right into my arms. I love when you walk around doing the indian thing with your mouth and hand. I love when you lay your head on my shoulder when I rock you for naps. I love watching you explore and climb. Climb on EVERYTHING. I love when you throw your ball to me or place a toy in my hand, or share your food with me. Its the sweetest thing I've ever experienced. You bring me so much joy. You break me out of my shell and NO ONE has been able to do that. We play outside ALL the time (I'm a home body). We get messy and dirty (I'm a neat freak). We play in the sand when we go to the beach (I'm a pool person). I do a 20 minute DVD workout (I used to be at the gym for at least an hour). There are so many things you are changing about me and I love it. You are helping me let go of otherwise silly hang ups that I had for too long.

Bekham, you can't possibly remember your first year. If you do now, you won't by the time you are reading this. So let me ensure you that you know some things. You are DEARLY loved by many. MANY. So many people ask about you, visit you, enjoy you, enjoy seeing pictures of you. You love just being outside. You can be in the middle of an all out fit, crying tantrum, you name it. But the minute we step foot outside... its like you are a different kid. Its quite entertaining. You love to BANG on everything WITH everything. In fact, we often have to say, "Bekham, no bang bang!"

Of all the things I will remember about your first year (the lack of sleep being engrained in my memory)- I think I will remember most your roaring habit. It is by far and away the most unique thing you do. It's how you get people's attention and I love it. LOVE IT.

I'm so ready to see how much you accomplish in your second year of life. I hope you learn to like reading stories soon because we have lots to read together! I hope that you learn to say "mama." I'm still anxiously awaiting that moment in time! I hope you learn to like Waumba Land (or any similar setting).

We just finished celebrating your birthday tonight. Grammie and Grampie came bearing balloons and gifts to have dinner and watch YOU eat cake. Funny thing is, of all the presents you got, you only wanted the broom that I picked out for you. A little light weight broom. You didn't let go of it unless Grampie stole it! You made is laugh baby. You stole the show tonight! I love you more than words red head! Can't wait to celebrate some more this weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Bekham! And happy birthing day to YOU, Aly!! You have gone through a lot during this past year and you are such a fantastic mother!! He is one lucky little boy to have you and Nick. Hoping his second year is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete