Tuesday, July 19, 2011

21 Weeks!

It is crazy to think that we are actually over halfway through this pregnancy. It's also crazy to think we are closer to meeting him than we were to conceiving him. Too much information? Sorry! Those types of realizations just boggle my mind. To think that by Christmas I'll be holding my own baby and its already July... that blows my mind! While 19 weeks still seems infinitely long to wait on this little peanut, I am starting to believe that time may just fly after all! He is quite the mover these days. Last night was probably one of the most active evenings he's had since I've been able to feel him. It's absolutely wonderful. Every single time he moves, my world just stops. I firmly press on my belly until he reacts. And he does. Each and every time. In fact, at work last week, I was able to pull Molly and Kelsie into my office and the boy performed for both of them! That makes 3 that have felt this guy! Nick got to feel some more kicks last night as well. I just love when other people can share in the amazing fact that there is a living baby moving inside of me! I always asked and wondered what it felt like to feel a baby move. If someone were to ask me that question, I would say "It feels like there is a baby moving in your stomach." Some people say butterflies, some people say it feels like gas, but honestly, it feels like a person moving inside of you. Helpful, right? But I'm serious. I can't wait for him to grow enough to where I can see a foot or an elbow or a fist pushing on my stomach. Until then, I will enjoy just feeling him shift around to get comfortable!

My mom and I went to get some fabric samples this weekend for the nursery. That was exciting, but overwhelming. There are so many cute options for the color scheme we are working with. We have yet to come to a conclusion on what pattern and what fabrics we will go with. But, I'm pretty sure there's no bad option that could come from the options we are working with! I also went out to lunch and to the nail salon with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Oh how I love getting my nails done. Such a luxury I wish I could afford on a regular basis! It was so nice to be pampered :) However, all of the employees looked at me like I was a freak when they found out I was pregnant. Apparently I'm not showing enough for it to be obvious. That was slightly disappointing, but, I know my time will come. Maybe just another month or so!

Totally not baby related, but, Nick and I had a date night this weekend as well which was truly one of the best I think we've had since getting married. I have already decided this will need to be happening on a regular basis. We had an amazing dinner at Thai Emerald. If you live near Roswell/Woodstock- this is WORTH trying! Wow. I could eat there once a week. I had Pad Thai, Nick had Cashew Nut Chicken. I would HIGHLY recommend both menu items! We will be going back. For sure. After that, we went and picked up some groceries to make a healthier version of peach-blueberry cobbler and we picked up the Lincoln Lawyer. AWESOME. MOVIE. If you haven't seen it yet, rent it! Worth the money. Especially the $1 we paid for RedBox! Can't beat that price. I realize I have a food blog, but I need to share this recipe with you! It was so simple and so affordable. All we really needed from the store were blueberries and peaches. Since both are in season, no significant harm done to the wallet! So, ,we came home, made the dessert, then enjoyed the movie. It was such a fun evening! I can't wait to start planning our next date night! (Nick pictured below popping dessert in the oven for baby and me..... and him!)



Nothing else too exciting or memorable to report. Here is the official baby bump at 21 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I can attest to the wonderful dessert!
    Looking forward to painting the nursery this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to not painting the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Justin and I could be convinced to do a double date with you guys to that Thai restaurant :).

    ReplyDelete