Tuesday, June 14, 2011

THE CAKE REVEAL!

Well, for those who haven't heard yet, we are indeed having a little boy in November. We were able to get an ultrasound from one of my mom's friends who works at the Hope Center in Woodstock, Ga. First of all, that is the neatest facility/ministry and I hope one day I could volunteer at a center like that. They have a little baby store next door where they sell gently used baby items. I got the two outfits below for only $4 total!



Anyways, back to the task at hand! The Ultrasound was the most amazing and miraculous experience of my life so far. I realize all of that will change come November! This little boy moved NON-STOP. He arched his back. He had the hiccups. He turned towards the ultrasound wand, and then turned his back to us. He sucked his thumb. He smiled. He went from all curled up in a little ball to stretching completely out. I could see arms and hands with 5 fingers. I could see knees, legs, and feet. I could see a little baby belly in there already. I realize he is so tiny still, but he looks so big on that screen! The strangest of all was the fact that I couldn't feel any of his movements. I know I will soon enough, but, oh how I wish I could already. After the ultrasound, my mom's friend prayed over me and our son and she said something that has stuck with me from that moment on. She talked about my womb being the "Holy of Holies" right now. Only God is doing the work inside of me to grow this baby and knit him together as he promises in Psalms. It is a holy place indeed and how could God be any closer to this baby than when He is actually creating him? It's an incredible thought.

Well, as a boy would, this one chose to expose himself, no questions asked. I guess it was an answer to prayer for many. It was my prayer to find out what gender this baby was so that we could have a big cake reveal party with my whole family. It was my cousin's prayer as well, however said quite hilariously. (See comments on previous post). Nick could not have been happier when I told him the news. I showed him those 2 outfits the night after I found out. He is happy to know that we have secured the family name already on baby #1! I must say, I am most nervous about telling Jackson. He has called Fenwick a girl all along. I'm not sure he will fully understand that I am having a boy until he sees for himself in 5 months!

Here is a picture of the reveal cake. The inside frosting between the cake layers was blue.

This was such a fun idea. I do indeed plan to do this with all my children. It's so unique and so different from anything else I've ever seen or heard done before! Thank you to everyone who has patiently waited to hear the announcement! And thank you to everyone who has shared in the excitement of this baby! We are so grateful for all of you! I have added a link to the cake reveal video below if you would like some entertainment!

Cake Reveal Video

2 comments:

  1. How fun! What a blessing that my whole family was together for this event! Even Alex and Leslie were here on facetime! Can't wait to meet and hold my second GRANDSON!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly, Congratulations to you and Nick! And thank you for sharing your experience with all of us! Especially the part about what you realized as she was praying over you and the baby-it was so moving! God is amazing! I can't wait to meet this little boy in November!

    ReplyDelete