Monday, August 15, 2011

15 weeks to go!


It's much more fun to talk about how many weeks we have left now! Only 15 weeks- technically 14 weeks 5 days to go! Yes, that still sounds extremely long to me too, but really, it all starts to pick up steam from here. Once Labor Day comes, I can see the months of September and October flying by as the entire month of October, we have committed our Saturdays to Child Birth Classes! I also will start to have bi-weekly doctor appointments which means the end is in sight as well! I just need to get through the month of August and I feel like I'll really be closing the gap between now and November 25th! 

This boy is growing and he is active! So active! I can pretty much feel him all the time except of course when he is in his little sleep cycle. I just love it. Some nights I'll be laying in bed and I'll just feel him shift to one side and my stomach will get SO hard. It's unbelievable! My stomach is definitely pregnant, which, I know I waited forever for. The only downside of this was the fact that I was running out of clothes. I pretty much cycled through the same 5-6 stretchy shirts that I had. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I needed variety in my closet! This weekend was splurge time. I hit up Old Navy and Gap and walked away feeling rejuvenated about my maternity wardrobe. It was honestly hard to be excited about my pregnancy, and feel attractive during my pregnancy, when I felt so limited by what I could wear. Nick didn't quite understand this, but, I think he does now! I came home from that shopping spree a new woman. I did have one horrible experience at Izzy Maternity. I don't really want to go into the details, but, I don't recommend shopping there. I take that back, if you want a man to shop for you while you just stay in the dressing room, go ahead. If you want to pick through racks or select your own style, FORGET IT. I was so irritated the entire time. I eventually told a half-lie to get out of there. Oh, I also forgot to mention, the average price of the items they brought me... $85. Seriously? For one top? That amount ended up landing me 8 tops at Old Navy!

I don't have too much to report in nursery-news. As you know, most of it is complete! The curtains that my mom has been slaving over should be ready to go up next week, so stay tuned! They are adorable, but I'm pretty biased to my own taste! There should be more than a few photos going up next week! That's all I'll say for now! Speaking of photos, here is my 25 week 3 days shot (in new maternity wear!) I'm sure all of you are sick of seeing my bathroom by this point, but no one is ever home to snap these for me!


I did start reading a book called Baby Makes Three. I highly recommend this book for any new mom. My friend had mentioned it to me at lunch last week and I went ahead and followed her advice and purchased a used copy from Amazon. It talks about preserving your marriage through parenting and the author is a wise, wise man! I am trying to talk Nick into reading parts of it with me, but.. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing all of the reading solo. And I quote:

Me: "Do you think you know everything there is to know about parenting without reading a single book?"
Him: "Yeah. What do you think people did in the old days before they wrote books about this stuff!"

I honestly had a hard time arguing with him on that one! A somewhat valid point! But, personally, I want to be the best wife and the best mom that I can be, and for me, that translates to reading books and seeking wise counsel. I'll share any and all insight I receive from reading the book. I have already gotten about a quarter of the way through and underlined just about every line on some pages. It's just so good! Last night's focus was building and creating a legacy for your children. What parts of your own upbringing do you want to "leave behind," and what parts to you want to "pass along to the next generation." It talks about the big ones like holidays and birthdays, but also the little ones like, not watching TV during mealtime etc. I'm big on tradition- so- I warned Nick, this week we would be making a list of all the things we want to be intentional about when raising Bekham, and any future babies. Sounds silly, but, if you don't make the list now, and be intentional about the items on the list, life can just slip by and your good intentions will go with it.

So that's all for today. A rather short post, I know. I could keep writing if I thought you cared about where we ate this weekend or what we did, but that's not too important anyways! Just happy to report that Bekham is growing, he is active, and we are anxiously anticipating his arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment