Monday, August 8, 2011

Drum Roll Please... He has a Name!

Well, this post will most likely be the most exciting until the baby is born! Thanks to the help of my Mom, again, we have just about completed the nursery! All that's left are the window treatments! Obviously we are not stocked with diapers, wipes, a changing pad etc., but- those are minor details. All major components are in place and they are wonderful. I am obsessed with his room. Before I get there though, I must tell you/show you what we scored at the All4Kids Consignment Sale. The best purchase of all- coming in at only $100- the rocker below! This is the most comfortable chair in our house. I prefer to sit here now when reading or lounging. So does Nick!


We also got clothes, another baby bathtub for him, before he grows into the whale bathtub, some toys, a little puppy dog learning toy which I love, also pictured below. We got bottles, books, a dishwasher contraption for the pieces and parts of his bottle and more. As you can see below, we took a laundry basket to collect goodies along the way. And let me tell any of you who have never done this before- THIS WAS THE NORM. We were not the only ones lugging a laundry basket! I saw worse! These moms are SERIOUS about these sales! And now I know why!


Well, moving on, Mom and I have been collecting letters from Hobby Lobby that spell out the name of this baby boy. We finally got all 6 of them by Thursday and were able to modge podge (sp?) selected scrapbook paper onto the letters to create the look we wanted. Without further ado, the name of this new Sharp addition is....


Bekham. Yes, as in David and Victoria. But no, he is not named after the family or because we are huge soccer fans. We like it for its uniqueness! My Mom had also ordered our bedding last week and it arrived Friday afternoon. Of course, who can really wait to open that up and put it all on the crib? Not me....


I just love that monkey :) Here is full view of the crib with his name. I didn't realize how washed out this picture was- sorry! I'm sure there will be more to come though!


Well, after getting this much done, Mom and I couldn't stop ourselves from putting the dots on the accent wall. We were supposed to wait until this Wednesday, but whats 3 days going to hurt? This activity was a BLAST! I loved these dots! 


Here's a corner shot so you can see the contrast of the green wall


Well that about sums it up in pictures! We had so much fun. Nick ended up cleaning out his closet last night so all baby toys, clothes, etc. are stored in the closet, where they should be! We are so ready for you Bekham! 16 weeks early, but who's counting?

Not too much else to report. He has been quite active. Feeling him move now is normal. I do get stressed out if I haven't felt him in awhile, but usually by the end of the day, I've felt him move at least once. I went to the doctor today and crazy enough, we need to plan to take our Hospital Visit within the next 4-5 weeks! I can't believe its already time for that! In fact, after my next appointment (28 weeks)- I start going every 2 weeks! I can't believe that either! We are nearing the third trimester and final stretch of this pregnancy. It's gone slow at times, but I have a feeling all that is about to change! The other neat thing I found out today is that if we take an empty toilet paper roll/tube, Nick can put it against my stomach and hear the baby's heartbeat! I want to try that later this week if he's willing! Obviously I won't be able to perform this task, but it will be cool for Nick! I also got to talk to the doctor (who was actually a mid-wife at this appointment) about natural birth (no epidural). She actually had 2 of her 3 children naturally and had some really good advice to give me to prepare. Obviously I have a lot to learn, which is what child birth class in October is for, but- I already feel like I can start working on some of the techniques she mentioned. This has just been a fun week. That's all I can say. We also got to add to his clothes stash thanks to Anita :) We are pretty much set through about 9 months! So thankful for that!

Well Bekham, we are so anxious to meet you! 16 weeks cannot come soon enough for us! Your room is ready, though you probably won't be sleeping in there right away! We love you so much and cannot wait to lay eyes on your precious face!



"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord Himself, is the Rock eternal." -Isaiah 26:4

3 comments:

  1. So cute!! I can't WAIT to meet this little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you two!! You'll be such great parents. I love the name and the room. What a lucky little fella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little tiger toy you got! Consignment sales are the BEST! :)

    I've probably mentioned this to you before, but if you're interested in natural birth, be sure to check out Hypnobabies! Sounds a little weird at first (it did to me at least), but it totally worked! Pain-free! No joke! :)

    Love his room! So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete