Monday, November 7, 2011

"Full Term" at 37 Weeks!

Well we made it to what is considered "Full Term." Chances are, this little boy will be happy to stay where he's at for 4 more weeks, but it's nice to know that any day could be the day! I anxiously await each ache and pain that a new day brings. Lately its just been a lot of cramping and a LOT of tightening/Braxton Hicks. Why can't real contractions be as painless as Braxton Hicks!? That's what I'd like to know!

Nothing too eventful took place this week, with the exception of a horrible week at work. I can't remember a time I felt as stressed out as I did this past week. I could physically feel the stress weighing on my chest. (This is another reason you should come baby boy! Momma needs her maternity leave!) But alas, we made it through that week and Bekham is stronger because of it. Literally. It's as if he is trying to bust out my sides. I tell him each time, if you would only work so hard to get DOWN and not OUT we could both be a lot more comfortable. He'll have none of it! This week, Eggplant Parmesan from Scalini's is on the menu for 11/10/11. Chances are, absolutely nothing will come of it, but it can't hurt to try! Everything else is ready and waiting. Had my hair appointment this past weekend to brighten up my highlights (for hospital pictures of course!) I have a fresh manicure and pedicure as of this evening! I'd say the bags are packed, but I just refuse to do that until I start getting contractions. It's not like we'll be rushing out the door when the first one strikes.

Really not much else to report on. My stomach feels like it has grown immensely (or perhaps rounded out) over the past 72 hours.  My appetite is through the roof. I could basically eat non stop. I'm not exaggerating. I'm not sleeping well at all (Thanks for the practice Bek!) I am just so ready to get into labor and meet this baby! I pray every day that "today would be the day" but God has other plans! I know there is much to be learned when "waiting" on things in life. I pray that I would be open to those teachable moments as I anticipate and prepare for that first contraction! And on that note, my verse for this week, "Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" -Psalm 27:14. There is just no reading between the lines there! Strength WILL rise as I wait upon the Lord!

Here is the belly as of 37 weeks on Friday. Can I just say I am sick of rotating through the same 5-7 outfits that I have? I wear these black pants with a tank top and pull over at least twice a week. Oh well. Never claimed I wanted to be a maternity model!

1 comment:

  1. I love you sense of humor and your joyful attitude! What am I going to read once the baby is actually here? Maybe some of those beach novels we have stored away (since the beach won't be on the agenda in the near future)!

    Anyways....here's to full moon, Scalini's eggplant parmesan and a healthy baby soon! But, of course, to God be the glory! He has already chosen the day Bekham will make his big debut!!!

    ReplyDelete