Monday, April 11, 2011

And We've Got a Heartbeat!

Well, after an eternity (also known as 3 weeks), we finally made it to our first prenatal appointment! Fenwick's heart is beating FAST. From what I understand, that is a good thing and a normal thing! Not only could we see it fluttering all over the monitor, but we got to hear it! That was the most beautiful noise I think I've heard in a long time! I still can't get over the fact that there is something alive inside of me! I knew I was pregnant. But now...  I don't know. Now I know I am pregnant with a baby whose heart is pounding away! It feels like I'm 100 steps closer to meeting this little baby just by having this appointment!
And, as expected, I am about 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Our little baby will be making an entrance right around Thanksgiving. Not my ideal birth date of choice, but thats okay! I guess I'll just be EXTRA thankful for this new bundle! November 25th is the exact date for the moment. Right now, Fenwick measures 1.18cm. Crazy, isn't it? Oh but I love this child. I was so glad that Nick was able to be there with me today to witness this miracle. My next appointment is on May 16th and while that sounds so far away, it doesn't seem long at all. To know that I'll be 12 weeks along at that point and we'll be able to get some good ultrasound pictures! Oh I just cannot wait. The first wait was the longest, but from this point forward, now that I've seen that heart, I will cherish each and every day I have with this little baby inside of me. I will not wish it away as I did the last 3 weeks. There was just so much relief in knowing that everything was okay and fine with Fenwick, just as I had prayed for all along. I woke up at 5:15 am this morning. Why? To go to the gym. Well, since I've had a nasty head cold, I hit the OFF button and decided I would sleep in. That DID NOT happen, so instead, I had a sweet time of prayer for a good 30 minutes to pray over this appointment and our baby. I am so thankful for that time. The house was silent. I was alone. I wasn't tired, but I wasn't ready to get up for the day. If I could have that time every morning, I think I'd be a different person!
Well, my thoughts feel so jumbled today. I am just so elated. I've been waiting for this day for so long so I could shout to the world (the facebook world, that is) that we are pregnant! But the one thought that prevails is HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD? This could never happen by evolution or by chance. That a couple of cells could merge and form a baby. A baby with a heartbeat already? A baby that will soon be growing faster than my stomach will appreciate? I am so thankful. I am so blessed. And I am still in awe as I hold this picture in my hand of the baby I will meet in only 33 weeks!

Thats all for now! More to come Week 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment