Monday, April 18, 2011

My Baby is the Size of a Raspberry!

Well, today we are 8 weeks along, and change. 3 days of change to be exact! Our little baby is the size of a raspberry. While still small, it's neat to imagine that the baby is actually holdable! I mean, a raspberry is big enough to see, touch, notice fine detail. I guess... what I'm trying to say.. is we have upgraded from a seed! It just seems more real as I start to see "actual size" relations. Limbs have started to emerge from the fetus and there is already webbing between the fingers and toes. Not only that, but this little baby is already MOVING those limbs! I wish I could feel that!
As far as my body goes- I am basically permanently bloated looking/feeling. Stomach isn't flat, but its not looking pregnant either. Just uncomfortably making pants tighter, shirts tighter, everything that would cause a girl to go shopping! However, I am trying to restrain until I truly need maternity clothes! I do enjoy this time of being pregnant. Although the fatigue is EXTREME and I constantly crave bed, sleep, rest, and lazy days, I know its because my body is using all the energy to create this new life inside of me. I like to still look and feel my normal self, but know that there is a baby in me, as little as it may show on the outside! I know there will be a day when I get sick of having a huge belly- so right now- I am valuing the "normalness" of bending over, shaving, laying on my back or my stomach while sleeping, etc. Sometimes I find myself so anxious to be to the NEXT week.. or 12 weeks.. or 20 weeks so I can find out the gender. But these early weeks are precious too. The most vital parts of development are happening inside of my baby right now, and I want to do whatever it takes to make sure this baby has the best chance I can give it to develop in a healthy way. Why rush?
I am also learning that getting pregnant isn't just about the end result. Well, it is, and I want to meet this baby more than anything else.. but its also about the journey! I only have 7 more months to carry this baby inside of me and then it is out in this world. A world that is uncontrollable. A world that is cruel, sinful, and selfish. I can protect my baby from the world only 7 more months! But in those months, it will learn my voice, my smell. We will be connected in such a unique way that I've never known with anyone else before.
All this rambling to say. I enjoy being pregnant. Yes I have my hard days, tired days, frustrated days. But I enjoy this. And I look forward to experiencing each and every day, week, month of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment