Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend Pregnant!

Well, for some reason, last Monday feels like ages ago! I can't even remember typing that last post! I had a couple days of reprieve last week from the pregnancy symptoms, however, they have returned. More tired than ever! Hoping this subsides in about 3 weeks when I reach the second trimester! I won't get my hopes up quite yet!
So here I am, at 9 weeks 3 days pregnant and this little baby is the size of, take your pick: A grape or a medium sized olive. It cracks me up that every size graduation of the fetus is related to food! Speaking of food- I am doing a pretty good job eating lately if I do say so myself! This weekend was a FEAST for me! It all started on Saturday night when we went to downtown Roswell at a spot called Roux. AMAZING food. I had half of a flatbread appetizer. Then I moved on to a veggie burger (topped with a fried green tomato) and sauteed veggies. After dinner, we stopped by Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt where I got a mix of cake batter and peanut butter yogurt topped with blueberries and pretzels. For those of you who have heard you aren't supposed to eat soft serve frozen yogurt while pregnant- you are right. I justify this by the fact that I have eliminated all coffee, sodas, and chocolate from my diet! Questions? Didn't think so. Sunday morning came early, and we had a wonderful Easter Brunch with family at Oak Street Cafe. My stomach was yelling at me for not eating before Church so I scarfed down a bowl of yogurt and granola. Can I just say you have NEVER experienced granola until you've experienced it as Oak Street. WOW. It was amazing. Then I ordered a half order of blueberry pancakes. Also amazing! Scarfed them. Later in the afternoon I ate about 12 cups of popcorn (maybe more to be honest). Dad's popcorn machine is the best. No competition. Finally, time for dinner, and I enjoyed a long craved burger ON A BUN! With mom's pasta salad and fresh cooked beets. Oh how my love of food has changed/returned! I NEVER craved/desired burgers before this baby. Now- a hamburger sounds like bliss to me! Yes, I majored in exercise science.
 Moving on from food tales ... I have started to develop a little baby bump. Looks more like a bloated bump or gained 5 pounds bump, but its there! Could be a result of all the food I ate, or it could be baby! Not sure! I stepped on the scale today and I have finally gained weight! I was losing at first, which was kind of odd, but we are up 2 pounds! Its fun now. Seeing this little belly (and yes, its little) but seeing that its not going away like bloating does. Giving people hugs and having a hard time "squeezing" them due to enlarged areas of my body. Yeah- its all fun now.
OH- let me tell you a terrible idea I had this weekend. A WALK. Oh, its so nice outside, I'll go for a walk instead of going to the gym. I walked about 25-30 minutes. No extreme hills, but our neighborhood is hilly nonetheless. My butt and my shins are STILL sore. That was Saturday. It hurts to walk. To move really. Crazy how different your walking muscles are from your running muscles!
All around, it was a good week. A good 8th week pregnant. We were able to share the holiday with EVERYONE on both sides of the family. Good Friday we spent at Verizon for Passion City Church's service. AWESOME. Worship was awesome. Saturday we were able to do an Easter Egg Hunt with ROC (Reach One Church) with ALL of our neices nephews, brothers, sisters, parents. It was great! Later on Saturday we went to see Olivia, our oldest niece, play softball. She did awesome and they won! Then Saturday night started the food activities you read about above!
Easter truly is the best holiday for Christians. So much joy around the events of Easter Sunday. Being with family is truly the best way I can think of to celebrate such an occasion! I wouldn't trade the weekend I had for anything! It was the best. Full of fun memories. Full of worship to the Savior who is still alive and still reigning and still moving in our hearts today! Praise the Lord! This Savior who is alive is knitting this baby together in my womb. I am so thankful for that!
That's all for now! See you at the 10 week mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment