Monday, September 12, 2011

Last week of the "20's!"

I can't believe I am 29 weeks along! In 11 weeks (possibly even less!) we will be welcoming this baby boy into our lives! That day truly cannot come soon enough! I feel so ready, with the exception of labor. I have a ways to go (mentally) to prepare for that grueling process! We don't officially start our child birth classes until October, but I've been trying to read as much as possible beforehand. I'm sure there is really no way to prepare for what I will experience, but I want to have as much knowledge about the process as possible. Knowledge is power, right?! I think that's the saying! I've spent a lot of time the past couple of days praying that God would prepare me for that day. I know that having this baby without medication is not something I can do on my own. I will need the Lord to give me a peace during the pain and the ability to just relax and let this natural event just happen as He created it to happen. It will be far out of my control, and if I do try to control the situation, I know I will end up on that epidural! I also have been praying that the Lord would use Nick in a huge way during the process. I have a hard time saying NO to anything. I will need him to be the voice of "NO" when the nurse or doctor asks me to do something I may not want to do quite yet. He probably thinks he'll be able to kick up his feet and chill for the majority of the process but I have other plans for that daddy to be!

As far as baby progress goes, he is about 3 pounds and 16 inches long. I guess he weighs about as much as a spaghetti squash! And my belly is showing that spaghetti squash, for sure!

Nursery/Nesting news is minimal. My mom did buy us our first box of stage 1 pampers! It was fun to put that right in his changing table cabinet!! She also bought me huge bottles of baby magic soap/lotion and the Johnson Johnson goodnight baby soap/lotion. I am obsessed with both of these baby soaps! She knows me too well! Speaking of bathroom accessories, I finally bought a shower curtain and bath mat for Bekham's bathroom. Since this bathroom also happens to be a guest bathroom, I decided NOT to go baby theme crazy, but instead settled for this:


I am so thankful for TARGET! I also purchased a towel bar while I was there .. so I even bought a matching towel to accent with! I just need to work on some kind of window treatment now. My mom, of course, will be the one to assist with that! I'm hoping for something sheer to keep the room bright!

This weekend, we celebrated my nephew, Jackson's, 3rd birthday party. It was so fun. I am definitely ready to be a mom that takes their kid to birthday parties, or hosts her own with cupcakes/cakes/goodie bags/games- I have waited for these kinds of events for so long! It was so much fun knowing that was just down the road for me and for Bekham! I got to see some old friends that I never get to see and that was wonderful as well!

Here is the belly at 29 weeks. I can only imagine what the next 10 or so weeks will have in store for growth! Y.I.K.E.S!!! That will just about wrap up this post. Another short one! But lots to come in the weeks ahead! We go to the doctor this Thursday for our 30 week appointment, and then we have our hospital tour on Saturday! I'm sure you'll hear all about both events by next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment