Monday, September 5, 2011

Our Last Trip to "Sunny" Florida before Bekham!

Well, this has been a great week. Bekham has been moving/kicking and rolling up a storm. It's been crazy! I can usually feel him whenever I want to (by pushing on him and disrupting his space!) We went to the doctor for my 28 week appointment and glucose test. Well- the drink was disgusting, and the blood draw left my arm with a massive bruise. Apparently it was hard to puncture my vein this time. Praying that I won't have to go back for the 3 hours test after that experience. I will say, however, that due to the sugar rush of that gag inducing beverage, the baby was extremely active. When the nurse came to check his heart beat, he kicked at the doppler so hard. She just laughed at him. He's predictable. Anytime I lay on my back, its guaranteed he will start to go crazy. Anyways, I measured perfectly. My weight and blood pressure were perfect. Somehow, despite the massive amounts of food I've been consuming- everything seems to be going just fine.

This week, Bekham is supposedly 2.5 pounds and about 16 inches long. His lungs should be fully mature at this point and he is about the size of an eggplant. I guess over the next 12 weeks, I will be expanding the most. Oh joy. I already feel like a whale! But grow Bekham, grow!

Thursday night we went to the Maroon5 concert. Bekham had quite the reaction to such loud music. He was thumping around the entire time. I can't imagine what he must have been thinking. Usually, the loudest music he is exposed to is on Sunday mornings and that only lasts about 8 minutes. This was a good 2 hours of LOUD bass. We will see if he has any reaction to Marron5 music later in life!

In regards to the title of this post... No, it wasn't sunny. Tropical Storm Lee ruined my last chance for a sun tan before fall. Oh well- at least my skin was spared the sun damage. We headed down to Destin on Friday afternoon just as the storm's outer bands rolled in. Never saw the sun south of Auburn, Alabama the rest of the weekend. Sometimes it was just cloudy and windy, but other times the rain was flying sideways. Waves were huge. Going outside wasn't really an option this trip. In fact, it was avoided like the plague. Luckily we had college football to entertain us on Saturday! WAR EAGLE! Loved seeing so many upsets so early on in the season!

The one outing we did make on Saturday was to the Carter Outlet. Everything at the store was 50% off! Mom bought a lot of goodies for the boy, including, a sweet coming home outfit. See below for pictures! It was the first time I got to pick out NEW clothes for Bekham. I have made some good finds and had some awesome donations from friends and family, but sometimes it's fun just to pick out and buy something new for that baby that no one else has seen or worn yet! We got him a super snuggly little outfit to go over his clothes during winter. We got him lots of footie outfits. We got him some long sleeve t-shirt onesies and some sweet little sweat pants. He got his first pair of socks. He got a sweet stuffed monkey to match his bedding. I just cannot wait to see him in these outfits! November seems too far away right now!

Here is his coming home outfit:

And here is the rest of the stash!



So that was Saturday. Sunday was a lazy day, again, so Nick and I made a brave trek to the movie theater to see The Help. 100% worth it! I had read the book and knew I wanted to see the movie. I was slightly afraid Nick may not like it, but he did! It was such a great film. Made me laugh, made me cry. It was wonderful. Getting in and out of the movie was a BEAR. The line to the ticket window was a good 100 people deep and we had to wait outside in the pounding rain/whipping wind. Then, on the way out, no rain, but probably a steady wind gust at about 20 mph. It was INSANE. Saturday night ended with dinner and a discussion of my future job opportunities. I wish there was a magic answer as to how to work from home with a baby. Unfortunately, not many people are trying to help me get there, but rather convince me its impossible and suggest alternate solutions. If I were smart enough to be an entrepreneur, I would come up with a business that let new mom's stay home somehow and still work enough to make an income that was significant enough to live on. But, I'm not that smart, nor is there probably a job that I'm trying to create. Bekham- if you read this one day- just know that I tried REALLY hard to come up with ways to stay home, and if I can't, it's not because I chose otherwise!

Well, here is the belly at 28 weeks:


Psalms 28:7- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

That one is for you and me both Bek!

1 comment:

  1. War Eagle!

    Sorry to hear y'all had bad weather, but isn't Carters THE BEST?!?!?!

    (And I always get jealous that the girls' side is way more stacked compared to the boys'!)

    ReplyDelete