Monday, October 17, 2011

34 Weeks and Slowing Down

Well, here we are at 34 weeks! Definitely closing in on full term and I am so ready. The past few weeks have been insane at work and I just need life to slow down. Many of you may be laughing internally thinking I don't know what I'm in for when this baby is born. Perhaps you are right. But I have to believe there will be a different pace to my life for the 6-8 weeks I get to spend at home and away from work. It may be sleepless. I may be exhausted. But I can't help but hope I won't feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off. I am confident motherhood has its own challenges and stressors just like any other major life change. I guess perhaps it will be my perspective that will make all the difference! I can attest however that third trimester fatigue has set in. Doesn't hold a flame to first trimester fatigue, but it is fatigue all the same. Ready for be earlier and earlier. Tired during the day. Achy. We are definitely at the end! Here is the large and in charge belly!
 

Other than the aches and pains and weariness that comes throughout the day, I really and truly feel pretty good. Not waddling around or holding my back as if I need the support. No swelling anywhere, no significant pain. I have been getting some great Braxton-Hicks contractions which is kind of exciting! We need to keep on practicing those contractions for show time here pretty soon!

Childbirth class number 3 was good. REALLY freaked me out when we went over intervention methods and C-Sections. I am praying hard that God's will for this child coming into the world does not include any of these methods. I just want Bekham to be born the way that I was created to do the job. No medicine. No surgery. Just plain old pain and then pleasure when I see that sweet boy. In my heart, I believe, and know, I can do this. I pray my body, and the nurses/doctors/midwives cooperate. Nick and I have been contemplating the idea of hiring a doula to be additional support. As much as I want one there for many, many reasons, most of me just wants to share the moment with Nick and no one else. Unfortunately the doctor will get to share the moment, I realize that, but the less people, the better. We will just have to wait and see though. I am very pro-doula after these birthing classes. If I had all the money in the world, well, then I would be a stay at home mom, but I would ALSO hire a doula for our birth. They are so knowledgeable about patient rights, about the stages of labor, and the actual birth. Maybe down the road. Who knows, Nick and I just may be able to pull this off on our own! He'll just need to be ready to give massages. And a lot of them. For an extended period of time.

Moving on.. this weekend, a group of my mom's friends and I went to see Motherhood the Musical. It was great. Very funny. Very entertaining. We went to the 14th Street Playhouse which was adorable. I loved it. I couldn't quite relate to all the jokes, as I am clearly not a mother yet, but the acting was still hilarious. I would highly recommend the musical to anyone! Well, on the way home, I told myself, when you get back you can take a nice walk (as the weather was ideal) and then crash for a nap before Nick gets home from golf. This was a pep talk and I was excited. Walk in the house. Notice a stain on our lamp shade that looks like someone spit chocolate on it. Strange. I go change clothes, come back downstairs and all of a sudden, some bird is flying like it's being chased by a vulture (or whatever eats birds?) I mean this thing was going nuts. I eventually opened some doors and chased him out myself by stomping around on the floors. Well, I guess you could call that successful. The unfortunate part was the bird droppings all over the floor, furniture (lamp shade!!), blinds, counters, you name it. I feel like this house will never be sterile again. I did wash all of the floors and scrubbed counters and tables, but surely this bird found a spot to drop a terd where I haven't looked yet, and that absolutely disgusts me. Needless to say, the walk and nap never happened.

To sum up the past week: Belly is larger than every. I am tired. Work is stressful. Baby is welcome any day now!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm you left your cat and dog @ parents home, seems like God was simply having a bit of fun, don't think he asked the bird to poop around and certainly wouldn't put you in danger ( sparrow I believe ) but certainly he has a sense of humor! Would have come to the rescue, but Jack and I were burning up marshmellows at a rapid pace, or actually buring them and then giving them to Toby to eat, toby is no longer a Dachshund, actually a pot bellied pig! Proud of the mommy to be......remember not during Thanksgiving dinner, I don't wanna eat by myself!

    ReplyDelete