Monday, October 24, 2011

Childbirth Education Complete! 5 Weeks to Go!

Well, Nick and I are "officially"child birthing experts. We passed our class with flying colors. Okay, actually, there was no test, but, I'm pretty sure we would have aced it :) Our final class was all about postpartum issues and breastfeeding. I am fully motivated and committed to breastfeeding this child. Our teacher, Nichole, outlined all of the benefits for Mom and Baby and there is just no reason not to do absolutely everything within my control to make this happen. After class, I went to Target and stocked up on all the items I will need during labor. Bath robe (to cover hideous gaping hole in the back of the hospital gown), and slippers. My mom purchased the essential oils I've been waning for so long. So thankful for that. Apparently essential oils are liquid gold if you go by their price! We have our birthing ball, we have a iphone plugin to play music. The duffel bag is mostly packed. Once we get a little closer, I will finalize the items in there. Birth plan is final. Baby's plan is final. We discussed what shots and treatments he will/will not get and printed it out to put on the bath station so the nurses are sure not to miss it!

Well, I certainly jumped ahead of myself! A lot happened before Saturday this week! My mom was able to finish up the curtains and shower curtain in Bekham's bathroom! It looks amazing!!

We also had a lovely surprise baby shower thrown for us by our small group on Wednesday night! They had made quite the spread of fall treats/snacks/desserts. They had punch and apple cider. It was such a sweet gift to us. We got plenty of bath items, bibs, burp cloths, DIAPERS!, clothes, and shoes! Everyone gave us such sweet cards that I have saved along with all other cards we've received for this boy! I plan to do something creative with them once the collection is complete :) We also made predictions on when we think Bekham Nicholas Sharp will be born! We will have to wait and see if we have any seers in our group! Doubting I will be the winner. I never predict anything right. Regardless, I included predictions at the bottom of this post!

Here are some pictures of the gifts we brought home!


I had to get a close up of a couple items:

Read the bib. No other commentary is necessary!

How precious are those little booties!? I could die!

Overall, a great week! We are on the countdown for sure. His due date is exactly one month from Tuesday! Here is the updated belly shot for 35 weeks. Sorry for the lack of scenery in all of these pictures!! We only have 2 mirrors in the house!





Name                         
Date/Time
Length/Weight
Justin Smith
11/22 at 12:21am
21” and 8lb3oz
Jennifer Smith
11/18 at 11:30pm
22” and 6lb4oz
Anna Davis
11/18 at 2:30am
24” and 6lb8oz
Jared Davis
11/11 at 1:35am
21” and 7lb3oz
Stephen Bradshaw
11/24 at 8:00pm
22” and 7lb12oz
Meghan Bradshaw
11/23 at 1:36pm
21.5” and 6lb6oz
Molly Bennett
11/21 at 4:00pm
22” and 7lb2oz
Laura Lonergan
11/27 at 12:00pm
21” and 7lb2oz
Amanda Lomax
11/26 at 9:32am
21.5” and 6lb11oz
Daniel Lomax
11/18 at 2:31am
22.5" and 8lb4oz
Aly Sharp
11/20 at 4:02pm
19.5” and 7lb7oz
Nick Sharp
11/28 at 7:00am
20” and 7lb0oz

1 comment:

  1. I see that no one opted for my birthday...so I am going to add Nov. 24 at 11:30 am. A true thanksgiving baby!

    ReplyDelete