Monday, October 3, 2011

32 Weeks and First Class of ChildBirth Under Our Belts!

32 weeks! Only 8 more or so to go! Finally feels like we are in the final "stretch" if you will! This past week was quite eventful! We scheduled another 3D session which went well. Bekham never seems to cooperate when we peek at him, but that's okay. The ultrasound tech told us that he is snuggled up against the placenta. Because of this position, his face is constantly smashed up as he is face first up against the placenta. Can't imagine how that's comfortable, but its how he has been this whole time! I suppose its as close as he'll get to a pillow for now! We did see him make some facial expressions, and we saw him pull his foot all the way up to his eyeball practically. He is quite the flexible little man! I can see some fun diaper changes ahead with his acrobatics in there! He cracks me up! This picture is pretty blurry, but as you can see, foot is IN face!

Here is one more shot of that precious face!

So that was Wednesday. On Thursday me and the boy had our 32 week doctor appointment. We are measuring just fine. His heart beat is great. My weight and blood pressure is fine. Everything is right on schedule! This week we inherited a changing pad (originally my mom's anyways for my nephew!) as well as a bottle warmer and heart rate monitor if I want to listen to Bek. My mom also bought the boy some new books! Nick's mom brought back some treats from her trip to Europe! We got a fun monkey stuffed animal, a baby book, a Christmas outfit, and some goodies for us (fall decorations and a delicious pumpkin candle!) I love spontaneous gifts. They are the best. Here is a picture of the changing pad FINALLY on the changing table!



Saturday morning was an early one. We had to be at our child birth class by 9:00am. Personally, I LOVE IT! This week was mostly about pregnancy and leading up to the actual birth. I think the next three weeks will focus more on labor. Nick hung in there and even participated in class when he knew the answers :) I have decided, however, that I need an exercise ball. Our teacher, who is also a doula, showed us many ways to use the ball now, during labor, and ever after baby is born. She showed us optimal ways to sit to ensure that baby gets situated in the optimal fetal position. It's amazing how much I learned! We got a workbook to take home with 2 pages of homework. I am such a nerd.. I loved this! I already did all the homework and read the assigned reading. I just go nuts over that type of busy work. We did watch a video of an un-medicated birth. Most of it was encouraging and made me feel like it is something I can do/handle. There was one part (no details necessary) that freaked me out- but-I'm trying not to dwell on that! I am so ready for the next 3 weeks of classes!  I just want to know it all and know it right now! I do like that it's spaced out though. I'll retain more over time than if we were to have crammed this into one long day of class which most hospitals offer.

Our doula/teacher was very informative and helpful. She is very knowledgeable. I am pretty sure I'll be mentally prepared for this birth come November! She is passionate about a patient's rights and ensuring that you know what you want and how to be successful with your birth plan. She warned against some common tactics doctors may use to encourage modern medicine etc. I am ready to put up a fight if need be. Hopefully Nick can do that though and I can just concentrate on the labor.

The rest of the weekend was filled with food and football (WAR EAGLE! AND RISE UP!) Very successful wins for both my teams! 

Today was our 2 year anniversary which is why this post is so late! I wanted to have pictures from the event, which, unfortunately doesn't include any of myself or Nick. The one thing iPhone is missing is self timer! BUT- Nick brought home some flowers - pictured below. I also had to show the slice of wedding cake! We devoured it! You'd never know it had been frozen for 2 years! We also received some sweet cards from our family!


We decided to cook a few of our favorite things rather than go out to eat! That ended up being a nice cut of steak with some 5 star marinade I found online. If interested- let me know- I can email the recipe! We made our favorite fruit salad (can be found on mynewlywedchef.blogspot.com) and we made our most favorite side dish- spinach orzo!


This was one of the best dinners I've had in quite awhile! Like I said, cake was for dessert and there is no trace of it left (Except for the 2 pieces remaining in the freezer for year 3 and 4!) We enjoyed celebrating our anniversary yet again! October is such a wonderful month!

As always, here is the belly at 32 weeks!


Well, after eating so much food, I feel it necessary to go lay down and fall into a deep, deep sleep! That was a lot of butter cream frosting and after the day I had at work, I have no energy left at this point in the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment