Monday, May 23, 2011

Mommy's Sense

Well here we are! 13 weeks and 3 days along! We even have a little bump to show for it/prove it! Starting to fit into larger clothes.. and even pulling off a maternity skirt today! Yeah, its a little big, plenty of room to grow, but it fits nice and comfy :) That's about all that matters right now. My sister-in-law also gave me some maternity clothes that should get me through most of the pregnancy which was such a blessing! Hand me downs are a God-send right now! Speaking of which. we will take any and ALL hand me down furniture. No pressure.

Quick baby update.. Fenwick is about the size of a peach!

So.. whats new/different about the second trimester? Cravings have picked up, but unfortunately, my fatigue is back, and with it, some nasty headaches. By no means do I mean migraines. Just dull, achy, throbbing, long lasting headaches. Its pretty miserable. Only had them about 3 days now.. hoping its allergies more than a second-trimester symptom for me, but we shall see! My appetite is 100% back in place. Perhaps more so at certain times. I ALWAYS want Chick-fil-A. If anyone would like to be so kind as to surprise me, here is what I want, ALWAYS: Char-grilled Chicken Sandwich, EXTRA pickles with a side of yogurt with fruit and granola. Already want some now...

I have put off posting this for awhile at fear of being wrong and having "bad mommy sense," but its time to voice my opinion on this child. For the first few weeks, I was convinced I was having a boy. Recently, that intuition has switched to girl. Perhaps it will switch back, but as of now.. I do think we are having a girl. I'll save  my reasons for later :) I am hoping against hope that we can sneak in an ultrasound early June to figure out the gender of this baby! It's killing me to wait! How much more will it kill me to wait 6 months to meet this child!? Speaking of which, exactly 6 months from Wednesday will be the due date!

I did snap a photo of the baby bump this morning. I will upload it to this post soon, however, its harder than it needs to be and I don't have the energy to do it right this moment. Not to mention the headache :)

Well, this past weekend was "Daddy's" birthday. He mostly got rounds of golf and money, but he did get a little onesie from Erin and Bryan that says "MY DAD ROCKS" with a guitar on it. Very sweet! I just cannot wait to start shopping baby clothes! It will be a whole lot more exciting when we can steer towards pink or blue! I guess I don't have as much to report as I'd hoped. This weekend was packed with events, but this is not a blog about the exciting life of Aly, its a blog about Fenwick. I should document I suppose that my Mom and Dad got a fountain for their front yard that Jackson wanted. Its a little girl and a little boy playing with this little pail that tips when it fills up with water. He calls the children Jack and Fenwick. I don't want to think about what he'll say if Fenwick pops out a boy! I won't have him calling my son a little girl. Then again, he does say he wants to be a little girl when he grows up, so maybe he thinks HE is the girl! Thats a funny thought!

Well, I have decided to post a verse for our baby once a week until the end of this pregnancy. My hope is that one will really stick by the end and we can have it be a life verse for our baby.

So... its a familiar one that many will read over knowing it by heart and possibly miss the heart of it, but alas:

Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

Oh what it would look like to etch this into the mind, heart, and soul of a child. There is so much that culture does to mar and ruin the perspectives and self-images of children, especially young girls. I pray that our son or daughter would embrace this truth so that not only would it make a difference in their own life, but int he lives of those around them as well.

Thats all for now! The next blog will be coming to you from DESTIN, FLORIDA!

1 comment:

  1. Precious :) I'm convinced we have got to be having the same sex children :) We crave the EXACT same things, it's starting to scare me a little!

    ReplyDelete