Monday, May 16, 2011

Stepping into Second Trimester!

Oh how I have anticipated this post! We are past the 12 week milestone! Making our way out of the fatigue trimester (I mean, first trimester) and heading onto the second! I guess technically speaking, I have 2 more weeks until the second trimester officially begins... but whats 2 weeks?

I have had this past weekend circled and starred in my calendar since I found out I was pregnant! The next biggie will be July 9th, which will be 20 weeks (halfway!) but I know there is a possibility of a couple additional milestones before then. Such as finding out gender, possibly feeling movement, etc. I feel a huge sense of relief as I step past 12 weeks and into the weeks ahead! My appetite has returned. I still crave different foods, but the difference is, I crave MORE of it now! Actually, this weekend, my Mom threw a wonderful couple's shower for one of my childhood friends. Well, this couple (like most of us) loves Moe's, so we had a Taco Bar. That was BLISS. I wish there was a Moe's taco bar set up permanently at my office or even at my house. There is NOTHING I like more than being able to decide how much Pico de Gallo and Salsa I want on my tacos! And I want A LOT. Seriously though. It was good. Cater Moe's for your next party!

In other news... not much has changed. I have a little bump that REALLY shows when I wear skirts. However, since Atlanta is currently experiencing a taste of fall/winter in mid-May, I have been forced to wear jeans, which really just makes the bump look more like fat and makes me feel flat uncomfortable! All in due time.

After doing some research online, Fenwick is 3 inches long. If you want a frame of reference, scroll up to the top of my blog where it says "MR. AND MRS. SHARP + 1" 3 inches would be "MR. AND MRS." stopping just short of the S in Sharp! In terms of the produce section, the size of a peach!

I had my 12 week appointment this afternoon and everything went well. Got my blood work done (gag). That was too many vials of blood for my liking! At least its over .. for now! The OB was able to pick up the heartbeat by using some handheld device that she held on my stomach. It seemed too easy to be possible, but sure enough.. that heart beat was loud and clear, and fast! There's nothing more comforting than that sound- I can assure you of that!

That about sums it up for this week! Unfortunately, no picture updates to go along with this appointment. HOPEFULLY, by the time the next appointment rolls around (June 20th) ... we will have updated pictures and updated gender news! Fingers crossed the baby is positioned JUST right! So let the countdown begin anew: 35 days until Fenwick becomes a he or a she! I'll add a poll for those of you who follow to VOTE on the website. Lets see if majority TRULY wins!

1 comment: