Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First Birthday Pregnant ... Last Birthday Without Kids!

It's amazing how much a long weekend can rejuvenate your spirit and your attitude. Sometimes the routine of getting up at 5:15am, going to the gym, going to work, and then coming home just to get ready to do it all again... can really take a toll on your mind and your body. It's exhausting to do the same thing every day. And I find my attitude generally gets worse the longer I am stuck in the same routine. Not that this is okay, but, often times I lose the awe of just being alive. It's so much easier to appreciate life and the gift of life inside of me while here at the beach. Waking up to the ocean and the sun here in Florida with all the time in the world to dream about the future, pray about the future, and appreciate God and the beauty he puts in each and every day. I hope I can take this awareness home with me.

All that aside, this has been a wonderful weekend. We got to Destin late on Friday night (I, as always, slept the entire time except for the dinner stop- which for those who were wondering, was Chick-Fil-A). Maybe I should start advertising for them on here. Not that they need my help. When I woke up Saturday morning, my Mom had made 24 signs with the number 24 on them. She's done this ever since I can remember. She puts them everywhere I will see them during the day.. bathroom mirrors, doors, microwaves, TV's, etc. I LOVE the simple act of placing numbers around the house. I always look forward to waking up on May 28th. Luckily, I'm blessed to have my birthday fall on long weekends so we can always be together to celebrate. I also got some gifts from Mom- a $20 gift card to Chick-Fil-A (Who knows me better?), a couple maternity tops, and a ticket to see the dolphin show at the GA aquarium! I love dolphins! While on the topic of gifts, I also got a sweet charm to add to my Pandora bracelet from Kelsie, a very sweet card from my friend Molly, and I know there are couple more waiting for me when I get home! I also got a wonderful package from my MIL (Mother-in-law). A blue dress from the Loft, which I adore and may wear once a week, along with a blue watch. I also got new table place-mats and napkins along with some birthday money! Overall, a wonderful month of May. Thanks to all who made it special!

As far as the rest of the weekend wend.. apparently its true that pregnant people burn easier, or more readily shall I say. I fried my chest in the sun on Saturday, so my time was restricted most of the day Sunday and some of Monday. It was nice though. I finished reading Mockingjay which is the final book in a series I've been obsessed with the past year or so thanks to my friend Amanda. I'm sad the series is over, but the first book comes out as a movie this year or next, which is exciting and something to look forward to!

Fenwick is doing just fine. I haven't felt any significant movement yet. I do know that the baby is the size of a fist now and growing each day. The head is starting to become proportionate to the rest of the body. For awhile, the head was 3/4 the size of the baby's total size. I did have my Mom snap a picture of my belly in my bathing suit. The verdict is still out whether that is appropriate for this blog or not.

A big thank to all of you who made my birthday special. Whether it was a simple message on facebook, a text message, or a singing telegram over the phone, it meant so much to know that you were thinking of me! This year does hold quite a special place in my heart. I can't wait for all of you faithful followers/readers to meet this baby come November!

The verse I chose this week is short and sweet but it was part of my reading this morning during my quiet time. It comes from Psalm 105, verse 4: "Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always." I always love when the Lord puts something so special in my time spent with Him. This verse is one I've read probably a dozen times but it held no underline, no highlight, nothing! I was amazed by the way God's voice and His word is truly new and refreshing each time we read it. Something touches us differently, something speaks to us differently.. its just incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I'm so out-of-it without facebook reminding me when these special days come along. :)
    Glad you got to enjoy some time at the beach and relax. Now comes summer! :)

    ReplyDelete