Tuesday, July 3, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: Love

Well, its July 3rd! Usually this is the day before the big Peachtree Road Race for me. Unfortunately, my back injury is keeping me from participating and I am truly bummed out. It has become a family tradition that I truly cherish and look forward to each year. We all wear our Peachtree shirts proudly to the fireworks show that night (after my mom washes them so that they don't look hot off the press!) I guess I have a year to get back in shape. I'm guessing I'll procrastinate on that one.

Anyways.... today's prayer centers around LOVE. "And live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." -Ephesians 5:2

Lord I pray that Bekham would grow up in, and learn to walk forth in love. I pray that his love for others would be passionate and unconditional. I pray that he would see others as YOU see them, not as the world sees them. I pray that he would learn to love because YOU are love. Your word tells us that all men will know we are your disciples if we love one another. Let Bekham be known for His love. This seems like one of the easiest commandments, but yet it is one that I truly believe we all struggle with. We all have "unlovable" people in our lives. All too quickly I'll find myself passing quick judgments on people rather than letting love be my first reaction. Jesus give Bekham eyes to see those in need of not only love here on earth, but those in need of love from their heavenly Father. Use Him to be your hands and your feet to love others. Again I ask that you would give Nick and I the wisdom and the courage to model this type of love for him. But even at the end of the day Lord, all of our efforts are meaningless unless Bekham embraces this love because he has received it from you. So back around to salvation we go :) I thank you once again for the love that you have for us and I specifically thank you again for loving Bekham. For loving him enough to die on the cross for his sins. For loving him enough, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment