Thursday, July 19, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: Humility

Well today was a wonderful day! Unfortunately, Nick left to go out of town, however, it means a weekend retreat for me at hotel Mom and Dad! Pool time ... extra helping hands.. BLISS. Bekham is just hilarious to watch, as always. I kind of like that he hasn't mastered the double knee crawl. His hop is amazing. He also was a wild man in the pool yet again. Sticking his face right in the water- going crazy in the waterfall- he just brings so much joy to my life these days! If only he could help on the sleep front! All in due time I suppose.

Today's prayer of the day is for Humility. Titus 3:1-2 says, "Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men."

God, I ask that Bekham would truly be a humble young boy. I pray that he would always value others above himself. I pray that he would be respectful to everyone and always assume the lowest positions in life, as a servant. Keep him from greed and pride Lord. Give him a heart after your own heart. Let him follow in your ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment