Sunday, July 1, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: Salvation

31 Ways to Pray for Your Children
Inspired by this link

So, after I found this link, I was inspired to pray one specific way for Bekham each day of each month. I happened to pick this up mid-June but decided to start blogging about it when we hit the first of the month! Well happy July already folks! If the 100+ temperatures didn't ring in the new month, I suppose the fireworks will come Wednesday!

Moving on ... July 1st! The prayer for today centers around SALVATION. The verse that goes along with salvation is 2 Timothy 2:10 "So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen." My prayer for Bekham today:

Lord I thank you for this sweet boy. I cannot think of a better way to start each month than to pray for Bekham's salvation. I pray that Bekham would come to know You at an early age. I pray that he would understand who You are and what You've done for him as soon as his mind is capable. I pray that he would always find his worth in You and that he would rest in Your unfailing love and grace. In Matthew 21:15-16 you tell us to humble ourselves like children in order to enter your Kingdom. It's so easy to look at children now and understand that, but oh to understand it AS a child. Let Him believe what others claim to be impossible or mythical. Let Him have big and child-like faith as a child that doesn't shrink or fade as he grows up. 




Lord I pray that my faith would be stretched and increased as I watch Bekham grow in you. Thank you for loving him more, and better, than I ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment