Sunday, July 22, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: Contentment

Well, we are heading to the beach this afternoon so I figured I'd better blog early. Doubting I'll be up to the task at 8pm (or later) after being on the road all day and trying to set up sleeping arrangements for the little man!

Today's prayer of the day is for Contentment. The verse to go along with it is Philippians 4:12-13 which says, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

 Father, help Bekham learn the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need, through Christ who can strengthen him in any and every circumstance. I pray that he would always be content with what he is and not get caught up in the "comparison trap." Give him only what he needs so that he is able to keep his eyes on YOU and not things of this world. I pray that he would also be content with how you made and created him. Help him be content with how he looks and with the gifts and talents you give him. God- my bigger prayer here is for myself. I often thing I "need" more and more THINGS. I often criticize myself for the way I think I look. Teach ME to be content with what I have and strengthen me through Christ when its hard or difficult to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment