Sunday, July 29, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for Your Children: Prayerfulness

Whew. What a day. From restocking the house with groceries after being gone a week to child proofing parts of our house ... yesterday was a productive day! I even made dinner at 2pm and my own batch of hummus. Rocked it out yesterday. If only I was always that good at being a home maker. Unfortunately, our day ended with projectile vomiting, yet again. I blame myself this time. Bekham didn't like the taste of my hummus so I gave him some store bought hummus, which he DOWNS. However, it was roasted red pepper and I'm guessing his little belly didn't agree with that choice! So, I held my sick little boy while watching USA gymnasts kick butt! Gosh I love them. Slightly bummed that we only took silver in men's swimming relay, but, better than not medaling at all I suppose!

Today's prayer of the day is for Prayerfulness. Say that 5 times fast :) "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Ephesians 6:18.

God, I pray that Bekham would understand the power of prayer from a young age. Keep his childhood prayers active as he grows. Let his faith in answered prayer never cease or waiver. Let his first reaction, in all circumstances, be prayer. Whether it be a prayer of thanksgiving or a prayer for help- let him always go to You first and foremost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment