Thursday, July 5, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for Your Children: Self-Control

Well we are finally at home sweet home in Destin, Florida. Plumbing is working. Beaches are beautiful. Bekham is napping. Does vacation get much sweeter? I just don't think so! Today started at 5am when little boy decided to get up. I hit up the hotel fitness center, then Nick took a turn. Bekham took a 1 and a half hour nap on the hotel bed while we showered. Seriously?? Go Peach! Then we headed to the beach until we could get in the house. Bekham took another hour and a half nap at the house. We played in his pool some and then back to the beach we went. Bekham LOVED the ocean this time! Not the sand folks, the ocean. We put him in his red floatie and the kid was almost lights out! Brought him to shore and he slept in my arms in the shade. That's my kind of napping baby right there! Dinner was in and out as Bek had lost the majority of his energy by that point in the day, but still fun! He allowed us to push him in the stroller!

Anyways... today's prayer of the day is SELF CONTROL. 1 Thessalonians 5:6 says: "So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled." I also like 1 Peter 1:13: "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."

Jesus I thank you for Bekham. THANK YOU that he is healthy again and sleeping well. Thank you for the joy he brings us every single day. I pray that as Bekham grows up, you would develop within him self-control. Give him the strength to control his behavior, his emotions, and his desires. I pray that he, being rooted and established in faith, would naturally bear this fruit of the spirit. Although the word "self" is in self-control, I know Lord that there is nothing on earth we can truly do our"selves." This is something that Bekham will be fully dependent upon you for but I love that. As always, teach Nick and I to parent in a way that models and demonstrates self-control to this growing boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment