Friday, July 20, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: Compassion

TGIF! But seriously. Work has been crazy for me this week and I am ready for the weekend. Ready to be all hands on with my new little crawler without worrying about catching up on searches. AND we leave for the beach, so no work for me next week either. Oh how I've anticipated my first week of true vacation in a couple years since staring a real job. Time needs to slow WAY WAY down! Bekham is busy, busy, busy. He's into EVERYTHING. Pulling up on ANYTHING. And today, eating everything. At dinner tonight he had at least an eighth of a sweet potato (possibly a quarter). An entire blueberry yogurt and an entire egg yolk. The kid was housing some food. FINALLY! He's just a blast!


Today's prayer of the day is for Compassion. Colossians 3:12 says, "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."


God I pray that you would clothe Bekham with the virtue of a compassionate heart. Let him see the needs of others and have a heart to fill the gap. Give him the resources and the willingness to reach out to those in need and serve You by serving them.



No comments:

Post a Comment