Saturday, July 28, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for Your Children: Self-Discipline

Well, we made it home! We took off early this morning and arrived in around 3pm! SO nice to have most of the day left to unpack, start laundry, and get back in the swing of things. Bek did OK in the car! Not great, not terrible! So glad to be home. First chore on the TO DO list. CHILD PROOFING. I'll let you know how that goes.

Today's prayer of the day is for Self-Discipline. Proverbs 1:3 says "for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair." 1 Corinthians 9:27 says, "No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

God, I pray that you would give Bekham self-discipline. I pray he would have this in SO many aspects of his life. From what he eats, to what he lets his eyes see, to what comes out of his mouth. There are so many arenas in life that require self-discipline, but there are so many temptations for men in these arenas. I do pray that Bekham would make his body a slave as Paul says in order to run the race you've chosen for him. I pray that he would not do anything that would disqualify him for the prize of following You and Your instruction.

I'm sorry, but this picture had to be posted due to Bekham's hair :)



No comments:

Post a Comment