Monday, July 2, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for Your Children: Growth in Grace

Well, we're back! Wasn't sure this post would happen today as its been a rough one. Yet again, made possible by my Mom. She stepped in and filled every physical need I had. Praying Jesus can fill the emotional needs that are still there. Today is July 2nd and the prayer for today is GROWTH IN GRACE. The corresponding verse for this prayer is 2 Peter 3:18: "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever! Amen." I will always remember learning the definitions of mercy and grace in Bible class. Well, maybe not Webster's version, but the basic difference between the two. Mercy was not getting what you deserved while Grace was getting what you don't deserve. When searching for the technical definition, I found a couple that capture the meaning a bit more eloquently: A favor rendered by one who need not do so; a temporary immunity or exemption; divine love and protection bestowed freely on people; an excellence or power granted by God; the state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God.

I have just developed a desire to begin doing word studies. I digress.

My prayer for Bekham today:

God I thank you that you are a God of grace upon grace. I thank you that You choose to grant and bestow grace to us by your power and by your favor. Yesterday I prayed for Bekham's salvation Lord and its not without your grace that I will see that prayer answered. I know Bekham will sin and fall short of Your glory. I know that he will make mistakes, he will disobey, he will fail in ceratin aspects of this life. But I also know that your grace is sufficient for Him. I pray that he would embrace the grace that is available to him and that it would flow right back out into the lives of others. Let his friends know Your grace through Bekham. Let others see how full of grace this boy is because YOU have filled him to overflowing so that he can pour into others. God in praying for Bekham to be full of grace, I can easily see that I am not full of grace. How selfish of me to receive your grace and not offer the same to others. Forgive me for the many times I do this and help me to start filling myself up with Your grace so that I too can pour it back out to others. More than anything, I want to be an example to Bekham, and all other future children should they be in Your will, of what it looks like to be FULL of grace. I want Bekham to know his mommy is full of grace. I want Bekaham to tangibly know what grace feels like so that he can better understand the extent of Your grace to Him. I love you Lord and am humbled by this simple prayer. Let Bekham grow in grace. But let Nick and I grow right along with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment