Tuesday, July 24, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: A Servant's Heart

 Well- today was quite a day. After essentially no sleep last night, Bekham still insisted on waking up at 6:30. So I bounced him, but him down around 7 and took off for my first run since hurting my back. I ran 4.5 miles which felt AWESOME, however, Bekham woke up about 10 minutes after I left. He was literally up fussing every 30-45 minutes. All night long. The kid is wearing me out. He still napped well during the day, but he wakes up yawning, rubbing his eyes, and fussy. He just can't catch up from the bad nights I guess. Meanwhile, I'm losing my mind. In many ways. He won't really go to anyone except Nick or me so there's no break. Maybe he would like going to other people if he was actually well rested, but, no explanation needed. He hates the ocean here. The waves are big and loud I guess. He won't even get down on the sand to even TRY crawling. He likes the pool but the pool only lasts 30-45 minutes and he starts to wear out, again, because he's so tired. He's hard here. With that said, I need to move onto PRAYER.

Today's prayer of the day is for A Servant's Heart. Ephesians 6:7 says "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people." 

God, I thank you for Bekham, but I am praying for a miracle for this child's sleep habits. His napping is certainly an answer to prayer, but I don't think this kid will be 100% content until he can figure out how to get decent sleep at night. Please help all 3 of us. Give Nick and I wisdom as we decide how to handle it. Please just give Bekham restful sleep. Period. Despite what Nick and I may or may not do right or wrong. I am so tired. Thank you for giving me the energy and strength each day to do this job on low fuel. Some days I honestly don't know how I pull it off- but I realize those days are YOU. I pray for Bekham's heart. Give him a heart of service Lord. Let him love serving other people and meeting their needs. Let him truly see serving others as serving and honoring you. Grab a hold of his heart at a young age Jesus and break his heart for what breaks Yours. Use his hands and feet to be Yours in service to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment