Saturday, July 7, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: Justice

July 7th! I've blogged successfully every day for a week! I'm personally astounded by that accomplishment! Another beautiful day here at the beach! Nick and I got fried. Bekham got a little sunburn under one eye. I feel like a terrible mom. We took him swinging at the playground and he LOVED it. Bekham loves bucket swings. Really all swings in general.... EXCEPT the battery powered ones that you buy for $200 off your baby registry.... We are sadly heading home tomorrow. I'm slightly depressed. I get so used to having Nick around 24-7. I get so used to just taking pictures of my family ALL day long rather than doing productive tasks such as laundry, dishes, etc. Luckily we have another vacation coming up in exactly 2 weeks!

Anyways! Today's prayer of the day is JUSTICE. Psalm 11:7 says "The Lord is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face." Micah 6:8 says "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

God I pray that Bekham would grow up learning what it looks like to act justly. I pray that he would love justice because you love justice. I ask that he would always be fair in dealing with others and in all situations. I love Micah 6:8 and I pray that it will be a verse that Bekham clings to throughout his life. This one is honestly a struggle for me to pray for. I'm not sure I've ever prayed about acting justly myself let alone praying about it for my son. I need to revisit this one monthly- dig a little deeper into what it looks like/what it means. For now, I thank you that you know what I am praying and asking for even if my words cannot express it!



No comments:

Post a Comment