Friday, July 13, 2012

31 Ways to Pray for your Children: Purity

Happy Friday the 13th! Wish I could blame my child's poor sleep habits on bad luck but alas- 7 months of bad sleep cannot be blamed on one Friday the 13th! Ah well. We tried a little sleep training today but I gave up after an hour and a half of screaming. Plus by then he had cried himself into his next nursing session. You bet he fell asleep eating.... Until I tried to put him down! So it was a day of one handed working and minimal sleep! He did take one little nap on his own this afternoon.... Light at the end of the tunnel!!! Or a crack in the tunnel. Not sure which yet! Of course on a day he chooses NOT to sleep, I had extra work put on me. When it rains it pours here folks!

Today's prayer of the day is Purity. Psalm 51:10 says, "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." This is one of my favorite verses. I remember learning a song for this verse when I was younger that has stuck with me my whole life. I can't read that verse without singing it in my head. I love that.

God I pray that you would create a pure heart within Bekham and that his actions would be a result of that purity. Keep his thoughts pure. This world is so full of corrupt and sinful images that will vie for his attention and time. Keep his focus on You. Guard his eyes from images that he shouldn't see when Nick and I aren't there to do it for him. Guard his ears from hearing things he shouldn't hear. Guard his heart when it's broken or hurt. Give him a passion and desire to be pure because You are pure.



No comments:

Post a Comment